Sunday, March 12, 2006

No Clever Headline

Firstly, it's Sunday. You know what that means... Queenshead. Be there. DJ Death Ray joins yours truly, DJ Dooner, and my sidekick (or maybe I'm his sidekick... hmmm...) DJ Rankin' Whitey. We're testing out a scrabble night, possibly to continue every second sunday if successful... so bring your scrabble hat. Or, if not, just listen to the tunes I play. There will be much Devo, for your eggheaded enjoyment. Probably the Jam, and Jens Lekman, and the new Neko Case, and my various other recent obsessions.

Last night I had a bit of a... well, maybe not epiphany, but at the very least a "moment". My mom was in town, and we went out for my 'birthday' dinner (my actual birthday was a few weeks ago, but it was belated for my aunt, uncle and mom). Anyway, I had a cake, and blew out the candles and had to make a wish, as per birthday etiquette. And as I though of my wish, I had a hard time deciding. I have great friends, and altogether a great life lately. Mostly, I just dislike my job, but at least it's part time. I'm not in love, and not with a girl, but I'm happy on my own right now, and I realize that you can't rush that kind of thing... in my experience, it tends to sneak up on you. So, overall, i'm feeling pretty positive. And that was reinforced later that night, when I went over to J's, and he gave me some prestents as part of an incredibly belated gift exchange. And my friend Bianca totally out of the blue gave me this book "Vinyl Hayride" filled with retro Country album covers. Holy smokes! How much do they rule? (Hint: altot)

So, long story short, I'm feeling pretty sunshiney, especially since the weather's been cooperating. Come out to Bedhead tonight and feel the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home