Friday, January 26, 2007

Better than Bluegrass...

Last week I learned something about myself. I learned that I faint (or almost) when I get a needle. Before you start snickering, this is not because I wuss out upon its injection. A few minutes after, apparently my blood pressure drops, and I turn white as a sheet. This has happened twice in the last few months. There is nothing quite as emasculating as being suddenly surrounded by old ladies ready to catch me if I fall, and then being wheeled away by one of them in a wheelchair and given a box of juice.

Anyway, other than that, things have been awesome. Last weekend I played Shinny for the first time in years, sat by a fire in the cold of Dufferin Grove Park and had a blast.

I came across this awesome article about refugee soccer players

I signed this petition, which you should sign too, urging Toronto to ban styrofoam containers.

Tomorrow (Saturday), I'll be at the Foggy Hogtown Boys regular matinee at the Brunswick House. This week should be especially good; the Foggy Hogtown Girls are being formed just for the occasion of a breast cancer fundraiser entitled... wait for it... "The Boob-Grass Jamboree" I swear I'm not making this up. I am, however, giggling uncontrollably about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home