Monday, June 18, 2007

Brewin' up trouble

Here's a picture of my new friends, the carboys of beer that I brewed with Evan. Well, to be honest, he did most of the work. Ryan is also involved financially in our venture of 100 large bottles of homebrewed beer - an enterprise we've dubbed "Dr. EvRy's." Don't think of it so much as beer, but as a prescription with numerous health benefits.

My recent beer brewing foray, I hope, will help me survive my upcoming year plus in the north. The clock is ticking on Iqaluit, because I've booked my ticket for July 2nd. I was freaked out about leaving so early for a bit, but I haven't been too terribly busy with other things lately (besides my job search), so I'm mostly packed and almost ready to go. It'll be a hectic couple of weeks until then, however.

Mainly, I've been working weekends, doing the Keep Cool campaign for Toronto Hydro and the Clean Air Foundation. Today I'm recovering from a hot weekend of working outside.

Oh, and before I forget - I'm hosting a going-away party Friday, June 29th. The bottles of Dr. EvRy's should be ready for drinking, and the porch is looking fantastic these days, so come on out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Nova said...

You're freaked out about how to "survive" the year? Don't think of it as a jail sentence. On days when the sun shines it is the most beautiful place on earth. The water pooled on the bay ice is a tropical, aqua blue and the hills are a rich, warm brown. There is no smog in your lungs and lots of opportunity.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Dooner said...

I don't think of it as a jail sentence! Not at all! (Even though I am applying for a job at a prison.)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home